Thursday, April 19, 2007

Guns and Gadgets

I finished a neat, poofy cloud that activates when the avatar is in flight and it has a very neat way to change the start color and end color of the particle effect--at least I thought it was neat. The color changing part of the script took less time than the particles and was so much easier than making a huge list of menus and colors. It also doesn't require any typing of vectors or RGB values or whatever, so it's really easy to get exactly the shade you want.

Also, today I figured out a grappling hook script. After a slight bit of frustration--mostly me typing things incorrectly or skipping steps--it works perfectly. I may tweak the actual numbers in the script a little more after I get a prim gun and hook built. Right now it's just a cube firing a sphere out and then the avatar goes shooting across to where the sphere "hooks" to. I think I'm going to make the weapon a multi-function gun, so not only will it be a grappling hook, but it will be able to launch smoke grenades, flares, and.. hmm. I don't know what else really. I don't want it to have annoying griefing-like settings. I should put some silly things in there too.

No comments: